3 Mistakes To Avoid Your Clinical Marketing In Social Media

udarunachal.in

Social media can be an important marketing channel for your clinic services, and their importance will continue to increase. More than ever, social media is playing an important role in people’s decision-making and health care decisions are no exception.

For those starting out, it’s easy to make mistakes that lead to wasted efforts and missed business growth. As well, individuals who don’t see the value of social media marketing are less inclined to take the time to learn the basics, and less likely to experience the potential benefits.

For the past few years I’ve worked with physiotherapy clinics to educate, build, fine-tune and manage their social media outreach. The intent of this article is to provide clinicians with foundational advice to start a solid social media presence, while outlining a few critical mistakes to avoid.

Mistakes to Avoid

1. Avoiding Social Media Because of Professional Standard Concerns

Similar to other types of advertising and word-of-mouth networking, social media interaction has best practices set forth by physiotherapy regulatory bodies (please check with your your respective provincial regulatory body).

Social media campaigns should meet the following criteria to avoid any potential risk of misconduct. For example, Physiotherapy Alberta College + Association put together a social media practice guideline* For more information visit SEO Company in London

with the following highlights:

A. Maintain and protect the privacy, security and confidentiality of client info, while assuming all online content is public

B. Maintain professional boundaries by not initiating personal online contact with clients

C. Remain consistent and proactive in the management of requests from clients for online communication

D. Keep personal and professional profiles separate and distinct

E. Consider a professional disclaimer and maintain secure privacy settings as they can change often

F. Avoid disparaging remarks about clients, colleagues, educators, mentors, etc.

By focusing on delivering quality education and information, physiotherapists have an opportunity to promote both their clinic and the value of the profession as a whole.

2. Using Social Media Only to Advertise Services

I’ve seen clinic Facebook pages that almost exclusively use their social platform to advertise services and appointment openings. Unfortunately, this is a recipe for patient disengagement.

It’s worthwhile to put yourself in your social community members’ shoes and ask if you would find this interesting in your social feed. As a general rule, 80% of social media content should be informative, educational or entertaining, while the remaining 20% may be promotional.

3. Avoiding Pay to Play

I’ve discovered that clinic owners can have a belief that social marketing should be free. Unfortunately one’s efforts with social marketing can be less fruitful without recognizing that you have to pay to play. For SEO Agency in London check kmindia.in  

The increasing competition on platforms such as Facebook has resulted in a business’ organic reach to decrease significantly, with the result that professionally advertising your social content will help you see results more quickly.

With that said, social platforms are typically less costly than typical search advertising (e.g. Google Adwords) and an effective campaign strategy can help you increase your connection with more people in your community.

These best practices will help you make the most of your social marketing efforts while at the same time promoting the value of physiotherapy to Canadians across social media.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *